Saturday, May 10, 2014

IO Birdhouse Garden



I made this card for the Impression Obsession "Welcome to my Garden" Challenge.  The card came together differently than I'd envisioned.  The scene reminds me of my in-law's garden in Long Island, NY.  They live close to the beach and they have tall beautiful grasses in their garden as well as birdhouses.

I cut the birdhouses twice, once in white and once in blue.  I cut out some of the blue pieces and glued them on top of the white houses. I used copics to color the bottom of the birdhouses.  The birdhouses are popped up with foam tape to add dimension and the Circle Shaker Frame has a double layer of foam tape to pop it up even higher.  Thanks for looking!

Dies
Impression Obsession Thanks Word
Impression Obsession Birdhouse Set
Impression Obsession Grass
Impression Obsession Small Grass Border
Impression Obsession Sea Birds
Impression Obsession Clouds
Impression Obsession Circle Shaker Frame

Challenges Entered
Impression Obsession Welcome to my Garden
Dream Valley Challenges Anything Goes
We do doobadoo Layers


7 comments:

Barbara said...

Jen, very pretty card, I like the idea :) Hugs! Barbara

Katie said...

I love your 'beach garden' idea and how you framed your scene too! Also love that thanks die and the button. Great card! Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.

Jeanne Streiff said...

I think I want to live in your card! Thanks for playing the Impression Obsession challenge!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--this is fabulous, Jen! I don't think I've ever seen a scene in a circle--LOVE it! You've made me add the birdhouse dies to my wishlist!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Such a pretty little scene with all those birdhouses! Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley Challenges! I hope to see you again here next time! Hugs, Cornelia – DT

Crafting Vicky said...

wow this is soooo beautiful! Love how you have used those die cuts! fabulous word sentiment as well!

BTW you might want to check out my post here http://crafting-vicky.blogspot.ca/2014/05/winners-of-two-year-anniversary.html

Vicki said...

Fabulous! Love your birdhouse garden!