Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Classy Cards Hello Fall

I designed this for the latest challenge at Classy Cards.   Hope you can join in the colors of fall challenge.  I began this card by looking through my card stock.  I was so inspired by the plaids in the inspiration photo.

I found this pretty plaid paper in the Simple Stories Vintage Bliss paper pack.  I cut out a rectangle of the paper using Spellbinders Matting Basics A set.  The center oval was cut out with the largest Spellbinders Classic Ovals Large.  

I matted then matted the plaid paper onto a rectangle of green card stock which was also cut out of the Spellbinders Matting Basics A set.  The center of the green paper was cut with the largest oval in the Spellbinders Classic Ovals Small set.  I stamped the Stacy Stamps The Woods stamp using Memento Brown ink and then colored it in with a Copic E31 marker.  

The leaves from the Impression Obsession Small leaf set were sponged with distress ink to give them a natural appearance.  I cut the Hello out of the new Impression Obsession Greetings set and also dabbed distress ink over the die cut.  I love these greetings dies, they are so versatile.  

Before I put everything together I popped the Vintage Bliss card stock up using foam dots to add dimension.  I glued the green paper to the white card base, added a bow out of ribbon from my stash and then glued Impression Obsession Leaves around it.  I decided the card needed something extra so I sponged distress ink over the white base layer and the edges of the Vintage Bliss paper to add some visual texture.  Thanks for looking and I can't wait to see what you make for this challenge!

No comments: