Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Classy Cards Beach Scene

Hi, I'm here today sharing a card I created for the Classy Cards 'n Such Red, White & Blue Challenge.  The inspiration photo was a bit more patriotic but I was really inspired by the flower pots and Adirondack chair.  

I started with a 5.5 card base and then cut the top layers a 1/4 inch smaller so the framed layers would be 1/8 inch smaller on all sides.  I cut the circles with Spellbinders circle dies.

Before gluing the layers together I sponged tumbled glass distress ink on the center of the main card panel with a mini ink blending tool and then cut clouds out of it using a die from my stash.  Classy Cards has a similar Memory Box Cards die in stock. I added a bird from the Impression Obsession Seat Birds die set.

I sandwiched the Impression Obsession Grass Border die between the two top layers and nestled the buckets cut from Kraft Card Stock in the grass.  The small flowers are from another die in my stash and were molded with a stylus tool from the McGill Paper Blossoms Tool Kit.  The top layer is popped up higher with Joy Crafts Foam Pads for dimension.

Last I glued the red Happy Birthday cut from the Impression Obsession Greeting die set.  Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoyed my take on this week's Red, White & Blue Challenge!

Supplies
McGill Paper Blossoms Tool Kit

Challenge Entered
Poppystamps Challenge All About Her
Lil Red Wagon Red, White & Blue

5 comments:

Patty Tanúz said...

Ohhhh superrrrr cute!!!! Love your card!

Sue McRae said...

Love thew way you framed your charming scene! Thanks for playing with us at Poppystamps!

pam said...

Love the scene you have created Jenny.
Thank you for joining us at Poppystamps challenge blog.

Pam x

Jeanne J. said...

You created the most wonderful scene Jenny! I could start day dreaming here! Looks so perfect and relaxing!

Joanne said...

Such a lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week :)
Joanne xo